On the Application Roles page in the Roles & Permissions module for the Kore.ai Enterprise Admin Console, you can create custom application roles that limit access to specified features and clients for the Kore.ai messaging application. While the default application role assigned to all new users allows access to all features of the Kore.ai messaging application, you may want to restrict certain user groups, such as guest, customers, or support groups to access only specific features such as messaging, but not email, or allow the SMS channel but not the Slack channel, and so forth. This topic describes how to create a new application role, and assign that role to users in the Enterprise Admin Console.
By default, all features are enabled when you create a new application role. By clearing a selected option, you are disabling that option for the new role.
To create a new application role
- On the Application Roles page in the Roles & Permissions module in the Enterprise Admin Console, click Add New. The New Applications Permissions dialog is displayed.
- On the General tab, in the Name field, enter a name for the application role used in the Enterprise Admin Console. Optionally, enter a description in the Description field displayed on the Application Roles page.
- On the Channels tab, select or clear one or more of the following channels to enable or disable that channel for users.
- Mobile App
- Desktop App
- Web Browsers
Note: At least one channel must be enabled to save a custom application role.
- On the Messaging tab, to disable user messaging, clear Enable Messaging. When cleared, email is also disabled. To allow messaging, but not email, only clear Allow secure email.
- On the Teams & Rooms tab, to disable user access to teams and team settings, clear Enable teams & rooms. To allow users access to teams, but restrict other features, only clear one or both of Allow creation of teams and Allow browsing of company teams.
- On the Attachments tab, to disable all outgoing attachments, clear Enable Attachments. Otherwise, clear one or more of the following specific types of outgoing attachment types:
- Allow audio capture & send
- Allow photo/video capture & send
- Allow photo/video attachments (cameral roll or file select)
- Allow file attachments
- Allow Dropbox
- Allow Box
- Allow Google Drive
- Allow OneDrive
- Allow SharePoint
- Allow location sharing
- Allow contact sharing
Note: If all attachment types are disabled, then Enable Attachments is cleared.
- On the Bots tab, to disable use of bots in Kore.ai messaging, clear Enable Bots.
- On the Others tab, to disable push notification from the Kore.ai Messenger, clear Enable content to push notifications.
- On the Assignments tab, click Add New to add and assign this role to a user. The Select Users dialog is displayed. For more information, see Selecting Users.
Note: Only managed users can be assigned a custom application role.
- Add one or more users to assign this custom role to, and then click Assign.
Note: If a user was assigned to an application role previously, they are automatically removed from the previous role and reassigned to the new application role.
- Click Save.
All users assigned to this role are immediately logged out of any current sessions and must log on again to apply the new application role.
The following illustration is an example of the New Applications Permissions dialog with the Teams & Rooms tab displayed.