When you view message trace results, you may want to recall a message sent to a recipient, or to any recipients that the message was forwarded to from the original recipient. The Message Recall button is displayed when you hover your mouse cursor over the message details section when you view your search results for a message trace. For more information, see Viewing User Accounts in Search Results.
Complete the steps in the following procedure to recall a message.
- In the Compliance module, on the Message Trace page, in the Current Message Trace Searches table, click View Results in the row for the search results to display. The Viewing results for Message Trace Search - < Message Trace Search Name > page is displayed.
- To view results for user accounts:
- Click the Expand icon for the user that you want to view messages for, and then click the Expand icon for the message or group of messages that you want to view.
- For each message, click the Info icon to display the Message Info dialog.
- On the Trace tab, hover your mouse over the message that you want to recall to display the Message Recall button, and then click Message Recall. The Recall Message dialog is displayed.
- Depending on the message recipients, click one of the following buttons:
- Recall - Recalls the message from all recipients.
- Recall from Just < User Name > - Recalls the message only from the selected message recipient.
- or -
Recall from < User Name & # others > - Recalls the message from the selected message recipient and all forwarded instances of the message to other users.
The message is recalled from the selected recipients.
Warning: This action is permanent and cannot be undone.