In the Messaging Control module of the Kore.ai Enterprise Admin Console on the Messaging Rules page, you can define messaging rules senders and recipients using a company distribution list, for example, from Microsoft Active Directory.
If your domain uses multiple distribution lists, it is possible that some users are members of more than one distribution list. When you create messaging rules using distribution lists as senders or recipients of Kore.ai Messenger messages, it is possible that the messaging rules may conflict for the user in one distribution list to the same user in another distribution list. This topic describes how to create a messaging rule using distribution lists and assign priorities to each distribution list to prevent conflicts in applying messaging rules to users.
Note: To create a distribution list messaging rule, you must have already defined and used distribution lists to import data into your Enterprise Admin Console. For more information, see Managing Distribution Lists.
To create a messaging rule, you must have already created a message control template. For more information, see Creating Message Control Templates
- In the Message Control module, on the Messaging Rules page, on the Action bar, click Add New. The Create Rule page is displayed.
- In the Name your Rule field, enter the name of the rule displayed to the Kore.ai Messenger user or group.
- Optionally, in the Describe your Rule field, enter a description of the rule.
- In the Recipient Type section, select Distribution List for the type of recipient.
- In the Build your Rule section, in the Select Sender field, click the Add Sender icon to open the Select who is sending the message dialog.
- On the Users and Distribution Lists tabs, select the message senders for the rule, and then click Done. For more information, see Selecting Users.
- In the Build Your Rule section, in the Select Recipient field, click the Add Recipient icon to open the Select who is receiving the message dialog.
- On the Users, Distribution Lists, and Other Options tab, select the message recipients for the rule, and then click Done.
- In the Apply this Message Control Template drop-down list, select a message control template to apply the messaging rule to.
- In the Status field, optionally set the Status to Published to apply the messaging rule immediately after saving.
- Click Save Rule. If there are any conflicts in messaging rules between users and distribution lists, the Conflict detected in Messaging Rules dialog may be displayed, otherwise, the messaging rule is saved and the list of messaging rules is displayed. For more information, see Prioritize Distribution List Conflicts.
The messaging rule Status field is set to Unpublished and is not available in the system until the Status field is set to Published.