This topic describes how to initially configure synchronization for your domain Active Directory with Kore.ai using the Kore.ai Cloud-based Connector or the Kore.ai Directory Agent. For more information, see Using the Kore.ai Agent for Active Directory.
Accessing Active Directory Sync Configuration
How you access the Active Directory Sync configuration depends which type of connector you are using. Complete one of the following procedures to access the Kore.ai Active Directory configuration.
To configure sync using the cloud-based connector
To configure Active Directory using the Cloud-based Connector, you must log on to the Enterprise Admin Console, and complete the following steps to access the configuration settings for your company Active Directory sync.
- In the Enrollment module, on the Directory Sync page, click Cloud-Based Connector. The Configure section is displayed.
- Click Configure. The Configure Synchronization with you Company Directory dialog is displayed.
To configure sync using the Kore.ai Directory Agent
To configure Active Directory using the Kore.ai Directory Agent, the Kore.ai Directory Agent service must be running. You are prompted to log on to Kore.ai using your Enterprise Admin log on credentials, and then you can configure the settings for your company.
- On the Windows Start menu, click All Programs, and then in the Kore.ai Directory Agent folder, click Kore.ai Directory Agent. The Kore.ai Enterprise Admin Console log on screen is displayed.
Note: You may have to right-click the program shortcut, and then click Run As Administrator.
- Log on to Kore.ai using your Kore.ai Enterprise Admin Console credentials. The Directory Agent window is displayed.
Note: To log on to the Kore.ai Directory Agent, a custom admin must have privileges enabled for Enrollment - Directory Sync.
Active Directory Sync Configuration
Complete the steps in the following procedure to define the synchronization settings. If you have already defined your synchronization settings, you can modify the settings and initiate manually started syncs. For more information, see Manually Start a Sync with Active Directory.
In the following procedure, the cloud-based connection settings dialogs are displayed. Configuration for the Kore.ai Directory Agent uses the same steps.
On the Connection tab, define the fields shown in the following illustration:
- Host Name - The name of the domain host, for example, MyCompany.com or 10.12.6.151.
- Server Port - The port number for the domain host, for example, 10042.
- Base DN - The server location for users and groups in a domain, for example, DC=kore,DC=ai.
- User ID - The user name for authentication used to connect to the domain controller.
- Password - The password for authentication used to connect to the domain controller.
- SSL - Select to enable SSL for HTTPS.
- Test Connection - Click to test the authentication and Host configuration settings.
- Click Save and next to continue.
- Optionally, click the Organization Units tab to select or clear the Import Org Units from Active Directory to import or exclude organizational entries, for example, Business Division - North America, Supply Chain - China, and so forth in your Active Directory.
- Optionally, click the Distribution Lists tab to select or clear the Import Distribution Lists from Active Directory to import or exclude company distribution lists entries, for example, Sales, Executive Group, and so forth in your Active Directory..
- On the Users tab shown in the following illustration, you can define the Active Directory user profile information that you want to import from your organization using predefined mapping of Kore.ai Messenger user profile fields to relevant LDAP attributes, or create custom mapping on the User Attributes child tab. On the Exclusion Rules child tab, you can create rules to limit incoming user records for the user data.
- Optionally, on the Kore.ai Exclusions tab, you can define exclusions for synchronization to prevent Active Directory from replacing specific users, distribution lists, or organizational groups by defining Kore.ai Fields as shown in the following illustration.
- On the Schedule tab, enable and define synchronization with Active Directory as shown in the fields in the following illustration.
- Enable Synchronization - Click to enable or disable a synchronization schedule.
- Synchronization Frequency - Select one of:
- Daily - Specify the Start Synchronization date and time to begin the daily sync.
- Weekly - Specify the day of the week to synchronize and the Start Synchronization date and time to begin the weekly sync.
- Monthly - Specify the day of the month to synchronize and the Start Synchronization date and time to begin the monthly sync.
- Other - Specify the number of DAY(S) or WEEK(S) to synchronize and the Start Synchronization date and time to begin the sync.
- Click Save to save the synchronization settings and close the Configure Synchronization with your Company Directory dialog.
You may want to view the results of an Active Directory sync. For more information, see View Report on Active Directory Sync.